How To Let An Anime Help You Achieve Your Goals — Rationally And Without Going Nuts
- Take the time to watch (or read) Hunter x Hunter. Even a few episodes is fine, if you’re not sure yet about committing to yet another series.
- Don’t be surprised if you end up binging it anyway.
- Be struck by the Nen system. In HxH, it’s not necessary to have the flashiest attacks or the strongest powers — it’s having the ability to make the most of your sheer potential, that’s what makes you grow.
- Apply this to fitness programming by planning out pure, dedicated time in your workouts to studying how your body learns and adapts to movement.
- Suck it up, because it’s going to mean not going heavier or faster — but more thoughtful. More listening to the way you run or jump or lift, not just how much.
- Do this knowing that the better you understand yourself, in all your strengths and weaknesses and idiosyncratic ways that you unrack a bar or get on a treadmill, you’re developing crucial connections in your nervous system that will serve you for years to come.
- Observe how your lifting improves, your stamina increases, your flexibility skyrockets (without breaking yourself, please) and everything else levels up from spending that time on your potential — because “potential” is just the step before possible.
- Become a professional Hunter. Obviously.
- (Realize that Step 8 is optional.)